Image Map

Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Shopping Diaries: EXPRESS, Spiral Girl Ala Moana

This bout of shopping was done the weekend after taking my last final as an undergraduate. I was relieved to have taken my last final but it felt bittersweet at the same time. You know how you've concentrated and worked really hard on something for so long that when it's over and done with you're left with this kind of sick, nauseous feeling? That's probably a more accurate representation of how I felt rather than relief lol. But I got over it the next day and had a bit of fun with the shopping :P

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

EXPRESS was having a pretty good sale that weekend. I believe it was buy one, get one 50% off. I just ended up getting this t-shirt because I loved the sequined heart. Even though the sequins look like a brown gradiation color, it's actually more of a gun metal gray. Nevertheless, I really liked this top and I had a couple coupons that I could use and I got $10 off.

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

This top came from Spiral Girl. I had seen this earlier like last month and I immediately felt the pull to buy it, but I waited. No sale came out of this waiting period, but I felt that rewarding myself would make me feel better :). I really liked the Western vibe from this top because of the the metal collar detail at the ends. With my hair shorter, those cute details can now be seen! Plus, gotta love the tiny studs going down the middle.

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

I had bought a black hi-lo skirt from Brandy Melville not too long ago, but of course the length is ridiculous. So when I saw this at Spiral Girl, I knew I had to try it on. Because it's a Japanese brand, it caters to the Japanese size, which is perfect for me. I found myself wishing the length was just a tad bit longer, but I couldn't complain much. Also, it came with a slip underneath so that was a major plus as well. This skirt is quite different from the Brandy Melville one (I think I may make a Brandy Melville post too later on) because this is much more girly and romantic in a sense.

After deciding on these two pieces, Jason (my boyfriend) and I go up to the cash register to pay and he surprises me by gifting these to me for graduating. I was really surprised because I hadn't been expecting it. It kinda made me blush and I felt my heart flutter a bit. I'm usually not the type to feel all sentimental and stuff because I'm quite a cynical person, but to feel that was nice :)

Thank you for reading!

-LAUREN 

1 comment:

  1. Ah! So this is the Spiral Girl hi-lo skirt you spoke of! It's so PRETTY. *__* I can't think of another word to describe it. Loving the gentle ruffles and the soft white hue!
    I really like the tops you have recently purchased, as well! You've always had an eye for picking out pieces that had a nice modest fall to the bias without being overly slouchy at the same time. ^^

    ReplyDelete