Image Map

Friday, June 7, 2013

Travel Through Photos: San Francisco Part 1

Hello all! I was in San Francisco for the first time from May 22nd to the 29th. I must say that it's really nice to have traveled somewhere different besides Las Vegas or Japan, the only two destinations I've been traveling to for over a decade lol.

San Francisco was, amazingly, a culture shock for me! Yes, it's America, but there were so many things that made me go "what?!" To be honest, I understood Japanese culture better than San Fran culture! Anyways, I'd go again in a heartbeat. There are so many things to do in this city that I don't think a week suffices. I felt like we did a lot of things yet my cousin, who is studying at USF, mentioned all these places that we didn't even hear of. Probably because we did all the touristy stuff that we never heard of it hehe.

I think I might have to make one or two more SF posts because I took a lot of pics. So enjoy!

 
On the far left is my mom standing in front of Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill. The tower was donated by Lillie Hitchcock Coit and the tower is supposed to look like a fireman's hose nozzle. It was something like firefighters saved her life when she was young, so she wanted to show her appreciation such. The other picture is the view from Coit Tower. It was a lovely day, as most of our days were!

Of course you must go to Pier 39 to visit the sea lions! It was windy so the stink wasn't that bad hehe. I visited these guys 3 times because I adored them that much! I especially love the chubby ones that lay on their backs and sunbathe. I affectionately call them the "orkies" due to the sounds that they make :).

Random picture of a carousel at Fisherman's Wharf.

I seriously thought we'd never get to ride these damn cable cars because there's always a long ass line to get on them. Luckily, we ended up catching them in the not so crowded areas. It was actually a cool experience! I was glad that I always got to sit down because I'd imagined myself slipping off the pole hehe.

I was excited to visit Ghirardelli Square. Literally, this entire area smelt of chocolate! While I'm not a major chocolate lover, it was a cute area and they even had a little area to show how they make their chocolate. Yes, it's quite touristy, but I remember this place being mentioned in my retail marketing class so I had to visit it!

Stay tuned for the next batch of photos!
Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment