Image Map

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Travel Through Photos: San Francisco Part 2

Hello all! Welcome to Part 2 of my San Francisco trip. This section will include pictures from our day trip to Monterey Bay and the 17 mile drive. This tour also included an hour stop in Carmel, but I didn't take pictures :(. I totally feel like kicking myself for not taking any pictures there, but my mom has a couple snaps that I may include later. Until then, please enjoy these pics from Monterey!

This is the AT&T Stadium where they were having a baseball game that day. I'm not into baseball, but I do believe it was a semi-final or final game between the home team and someone else.

This was along the road to Monterey. It's called Restless Bay or Beach because the waves never calm down. It was quite windy!


              
(left) The jellyfish display at Monterey Bay was very lovely. I thought that they were beautiful and luminescent against the lighting. The little baby jellyfish were super cute too! It reminded me of the one from Finding Nemo hehe! (right) I absolutely love the avian life too! I already thought that penguins were cute but I also found the puffins and other marine birds to be cute and pretty. Actually, when I took a picture of the marine birds, it looked like they were fake instead of real lol.

I think sea otters are the cutest things ever! We caught them during feeding time and the lady explained that these sea otters couldn't be released back into the wild due to health or behavioral problems. She also mentioned that they de-shell their food before giving it to them because they will go up to the window and try to crack it open against the glass.  Also, they stick the food in this red container, as shown above, and they shake out the insides to get their meal.

The sea horses were an absolute joy to watch. While they were quite idle, their beauty was something to admire. I took a close up of these little guys who are actually quite minuscule. I love how they like to attach themselves to the seaweed branches.

I think the Leafy Sea Horse is one of the most beautiful creatures ever. I never thought they'd be this beautiful because I always imagined them to look like rubbish because of the seaweed camouflage. Instead I found them to be very graceful and lovely to view.

The view of Monterey Bay from the Aquarium.



This was store nearby the aquarium. I was super tempted to buy a shirt just because I found it so adorable!

 I think this was called Seal Rock or something along the lines of that. It was quite stinky because of the direction of the wind. I thought there were seals on top of the rock as well, but I think they were sea gulls. If anything, I think it was the sea gulls that made the area stinky hehe.

This was along the 17 mile drive to Carmel. There were lots of redwood and beech trees. We were planning on going to Muir Woods, which has some of the tallest redwood trees, but because we saw so much trees on this drive, I decided against going hehe. Maybe next time!

This was one of the most interesting stops on the 17 mile drive. It's the most photographed cypress tree because it's a 250 year old tree growing out in the middle of nowhere. I found it to be quite eerie! Our tour guide told us that not too long ago, some kids tried to burn the tree down. Luckily, they were unsuccessful and people tied ropes on the tree to help support it due to the damage it incurred.

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment