Image Map

Monday, July 1, 2013

Travel Through Photos: San Francisco Part 3

Hello! Sorry for the lack of activity on my blog all of a sudden. I got lazy, but I'm glad to be back and finish up the rest of the San Francisco pics! To be honest, I didn't take a lot of pictures after Monterey Bay. I did take a lot of pictures at the California Academy of Sciences and Alcatraz, but I ended up making some combination clips so as not to overwhelm this post. This will be the last SF post as I am eager to share with you some shopping hauls, especially from SF, and just a wrap up of June! I'll also try to get a June Favorites post out there too :)

I wish I had taken more pictures at Japantown since it was one of my favorite places in San Francisco. I really liked the touristy Japanese shops, which made me wonder why we didn't have more of these in Hawaii lol. Probably because most of our tourists are from Japan and they don't want to see stuff that they can get at home hehe. Anyways, here's a pic of my Mom.

Lovely Union Square facing Macy's.

The SF Taiko Club, or something like that, put on a demonstration for the crowd. I always enjoy taiko performances!

From the top of the Mark Hopkins hotel. I can't believe my Mom made me walk up Mount Everest just to get to this damn hotel -_-

The reef environment at the California Academy of Sciences! This place was super cool as each section was stimulated to recreate the natural environment.


They also had some cute penguins too! I forget what breed this was but they were originally from Africa. On the left, the caretaker was in the midst of cleaning the glass. Their oldest penguin was 30+  years old. Normally, a penguin's lifespan is 15-20 years, but this is due to scarcity of food and predators in the wild.

(top) The albino alligator was in the swamp section of the Academy. It took me a while to realize it was real because it was so still lol. There were some huge turtles as well in the same tank, which made me wonder how they survive. But I suppose as long as they're being fed, he has no need to eat his neighbors. (bottom) I thought this guy was so cute! I've always thought pig-snouted turtles were on the cute side and seeing them in real life established my thought :)

I'm glad that I got to visit Alcatraz. Yes, I was afraid of those humongous sea gulls crapping on my head since this place doubles as a bird sanctuary. The prison, of course, was the most interesting part. I didn't realize how tiny jail cells could be and that you really don't get any privacy. A cool fact about Alcatraz is that there were two people who "escaped" from Alcatraz, but one ended up getting recaptured and later released and jailed again for something else in which he spent the rest of life in prison. The other made it all the way back to SF but nearly died and was recaptured.

Of course, I need to end this post with a fashion pic! I missed Uniqlo since coming back from Japan in 2011, so I was ecstatic to enter the store again. I love their basic tanks and their seamless undies!

Finally we're finished with SF! I can't wait to go back again as there were so many things that I didn't get to see. The next post will be my shopping haul from SF, so I might get that up later today or tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment