Image Map

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

TSD July 2013: romwe.com, Fighting Eel, ALDO, Nature Republic

Hello all! This is one of my favorite monthly posts that I like to upload basically because it has to do with clothes :P. I've been reeeaaallllly trying to cut back on shopping, but all these cool pieces keep popping up and I just gotta have it >-<. I've been somewhat (?) good this month-ish...I don't know. Even I don't fully believe that statement //_-. Anyways, let's get on with this month's goodies.


Asymmetrical Black Top: I came across this top when I was watching a clothing haul by Youtuber Cutiepiemarzia. She hauled this from romwe.com, a site I'd heard of but never bought anything. I thought it looked really cool and just something that I didn't have in my closet at all. So I signed up with romwe.com and instantly got a 20% off coupon for joining and applied it to this top. Also, free shipping is always a great plus. I thought it looked really edgy on, especially after I piled on some chain necklaces. The only thing that I would warn future wearers of this top is to pre-wash it, especially if you're going to wear white pants with it. The color rubbed onto my pants, but luckily I was able to get it all off ^^b


Black and White Tie-Dye Dolman: I'm a major fan of Fighting Eel, but it is a bit pricey. I understand where the pricing comes from though! Anyways, they had 20% off their entire store during the 4th of July weekend. I checked out their Downtown location and I decided to pick up this piece. I had seen it before at the Waikiki location and was instantly attracted to the print. I love that this isn't the most obvious tie-dye print. The print reminds me of something earthy and natural. Also, I happened to see a much older woman wearing this top and I can say that it wears nicely along all ages! The brand is Ava Sky, which is a subset brand of Fighting Eel.


Navy and White Fishnet Knit: I'm into anything that has a nautical feel to it. Not only did the colors give me that vibe, but also the material. It literally reminded me of a fishing net as funny as that sounds, but a wearable, chic fishing net lol! This brand is called POL. I looked it up and it happens to be a brand out of L.A. The slight hi-lo is a nice touch to the design.


Brown-Nude Strappy Sandals: I've been on the hunt for a nude sandal, especially for summer. I saw these at Aldo; the one downstairs at Ala Moana. I thought they looked great and they seemed comfortable. I like the different textures of the strap and the slight wedge gives me a bit more height. They aren't the most comfortable shoes to wear, but perhaps that's because I need to break them in a bit more. The annoying thing about this transaction was that since they didn't have my shoe size in-store, they said they could ship it, but I had to pay $7 for shipping. The shipping cost annoyed me, but whatever. At least it came super quick through UPS.


Cooling Mist, Truffle Sun Cream, and Snaytox Mask Sheet: A couple weeks ago at the Korean Festival, I decided to trek down to Nature Republic since it was somewhat close (although the hot weather made it feel like miles away). I wanted to get a light-weight feeling sun screen for my face. The truffle sun cream is great because it has SPF 50+ and PA+++. It absorbs nicely into my skin and it doesn't have that icky smell that sun screens usually have. Since I was super hot, I grabbed a cooling mist to add to my purchases. This has a fantastic, fresh smell and I spray it on my face and arms when I need to feel cool. Then as I was checking out, I got a free face mask and this one is my favorite from Nature Republic. I really wish they would sell them individually, but it seems like you can only get it if it's bundled with something? I don't know it's kind of weird.

Thank you for tuning in to my post! Next month is my birthday so I might have some goodies to share. Actually I have already started a b-day haul since I did some early birthday shopping with Jason :3. I'm waiting for this other piece to come in and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to get it.... I need to contact Nordstrom's and see what's up.

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment