Image Map

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Monthly Gram: June 2013

Hello all! I know I said that I was going to try to get up monthly favorites, but I realized that nothing really changes in my makeup or beauty routine. My fashion crushes do change somewhat frequently, so I'd probably mention it on a haul. Anyways, I have just decided to do a recap of Instagram pics of each month, which seems a bit more doable for me and is kind of like a monthly favorites ;). I love the convenience of posting pictures on IG rather than on Facebook. So here are a few pics that were taken in the month of June:

It was super hot that day, so after my first purchase at Lush, Jason and  I stopped by our favorite tea stand at Ala Moana called the Tea Place, which is across from Neiman Marcus. I've been going to this place for years after classes at UH. Recently, I've been constantly ordering their Hawaiian Pineapple Ceylon Tea Float with pineapple gelato (right). Their gelato is all homemade and it's delicious. Jason's usual is the Dragon Phoenix Jasmine Tea Float with jasmine sorbet (left).

This was taken on Ward Ave. Hawaii always has beautiful sunsets, but this one in particular seemed  picture worthy! 

This is just a simple strawberry parfait from a gas station, but the reason why it was extra special was because Jason got it for me after dropping me off at home. It was a tiring day for him that day and I just happened to mention that I was craving a piece of cake. I was surprised that he returned with this! It made my heart flutter a bit (o^-^o)

I think Rilakkuma has got to be one of the cutest characters ever. I don't know why I never bought a plushie in Japan (actually I was too busy buying clothes >->). This was the window display of Hakubundo, a Japanese bookstore at Ward Warehouse. I always slow down to admire the cuteness, but then Jason starts pushing me away in the other direction >:(

(top) Mini Mochiko Chicken plate (one of my favorite eats from Zippy's)
(bottom) Tonkatsu Teishoku from Kimukatsu at Shirokiya. I have been wanting to try the famous Kimukatsu  tonkatsu. Honestly, it isn't as good as Ringer Hut in Waikiki, so I'm glad I never paid the expensive price at their Waikiki location.

(left) $3.90 Kirin at Yakiniku Glad. They have three different sizes of beer and they're all $3.90, so you might as well get the large!
(right) Loving the Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher for summer, although my drink of choice nowadays is the Cotton Candy Frappe :9

(left) Fringe Top: GUESS, Pants: Pacsun, Necklace: Brandy Melville, Ring: H&M
(top) Vest and Mr. Bunny Tee: GUESS, Camo Pants: Brandy Melville
(bottom) Sheer Shirt, Pants, Booties: GUESS, Necklace: Brandy Melville
I'm thinking of doing a separate OOTM post for July instead of mashing it all up in one post. 

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment