Image Map

Saturday, June 1, 2013

In the Kitchen: Beef Flavor Ramen w/ Fresh Veggies

Hello all! Welcome to another episode of In the Kitchen. Now I know this isn't really cooking but I thought why not do a little show-and-tell about how I like to prepare my ramen. By all means, ramen isn't the most healthy thing for you. It's packed with a lot of sodium but it's such a convenient food to make in minutes. Plus, it's also like comfort food! Now, I usually like to use the Japanese Myoji brand ramen because the quality of the noodles is quite good and the broth tastes like it has more oomph in it compared to your usual Ichiban Ramen brand. Since I'm in a bit of a Korean mood of late, I decided to try this 5 pack of Sam Yang Beef Flavor Ramen from Palama Market as pictured below. The flavor is quite nice and has a bit of spice to it. I can't have anything that's too overly spicy since I have a sensitive stomach, but fortunately this was bearable!


This time around, I used won bok or Chinese cabbage (left) and kai choy (right). I thought I had picked up choi sum, but only realized it was kai choy when I started chopping it up hehe! Actually, I don't think I've really ever eaten kai choy, but I'm glad I got it. To me, it's not as dense as choi sum, although I do love choi sum. Below, I have pictured the amount of veggies I decided to put into my ramen. I like to put an ample amount because the veggies do tend to shrink.


Finally, after waiting 4-5 minutes, it is finished! I like my veggies al dente so I put them in a minute or two after the noodles have been placed in the boiling water. Then afterwards, just pour the contents into a giant bowl, or just eat it out of the pot, and enjoy!

Another tip to making this an even more healthier meal is to not drink all the broth. I usually just eat the noodles and veggies since it has soaked up the flavor. Maybe I might drink a couple spoonfuls but not more than that. 


出来上がる~<3
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment