Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

July Favorites 2013

Hey all! I've decided to do a different format of monthly favorites. I don't really change up my make-up products, which to me is the basis of monthly posts. So instead I'm using a format that Youtuber cutiepiemarzia uses and I chose questions that I could easily answer. So here they are!

1. Did you read any books?
I haven't been really reading any books for a while! I'm trying to read City of Bones (Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare.

I bought the book when I was in Vegas this past April because I had seen the preview and thought that the movie looked pretty cool. But the more I see the preview, I start to get a Twilight vibe from it, which is no good for me lol. I absolutely hate Twilight, both literally and cinematically (yeah I know that isn't a word :P). But like with Twilight, I'll give the first movie a chance, but seriously it better be 100x better than Twilight >:(

2. Did you watch any movies?
Yes! I watched Despicable Me 2 and The Wolverine. Despicable Me 2 was super adorable, just as I expected. I'm super happy they're making a Minions movie XD. I also really enjoyed The Wolverine. I don't read X-Men comics and I'm really not familiar with the whole series in general, but I thought the story that they chose was fantastic. Hugh Jackman's body is delicious and can I just say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!! at the cut scene at the end?!?!?


3. Which foods did you eat and love?
To be honest, my choice of food doesn't really change because I always tend to eat the same things. I suppose my favorite of the month was my Rolled Quesadilla from Cactus in Kailua. I uploaded a pic in my Monthly Gram post for July so I won't upload it here so that I'm not repetitive.

4. Which songs did you like?
I'm probably going to be so mainstream with my song choices but I don't really care :P. I genuinely liked both songs when I first heard them. It's Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell & T.I, Get Lucky by Daft Punk feat. Pharrell, and Treasure by Bruno Mars. I think what I like about all three songs are the melodies. I'm loving the throwback feels of the 80's, which seems to be in all three. I feel the whole eletronica, don't-really-need-talent-to-sing type of songs are getting old for me, so to hear something that pulls influences from earlier decades has become refreshing to me.

Blurred Lines

Get Lucky

Treasure

5. Which products did you like?
I've been really liking my mini benetint that I received as part of a 500 point perk from Sephora. I just put three little streaks on each cheek and blend it in to create this natural blushy tint. I also love that it has a nice rose scent to it. I think it lasts pretty well all day! I would definitely get the regular size of this once I run out of this mini.


6. What did you learn?
I learned that you can't go back to school just to get a minor even though you've successfully majored in something earlier. I was just bummed because I wanted to go back to school to get a minor in Fashion Merchandising, but unfortunately it's not possible. But after some research, I found an online program for an Associate's degree in Fashion Merchandising through SNHU. I'm a bit wary about doing a degree fully online, but I'm gamed to do it. Plus, I can transfer a lot of my credits so that I don't have to take as long. I just gotta make sure I can get an internship in fashion merchandising and then it's all ships go!

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment