Image Map

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Shopping Diaries: Bath & Body Works, PINK, Sephora, Longs

Hello all!

I went on a little shopping spree at Ala Moana where I met my friend Sam for the day. I was having a really tough week and continued to struggle afterwards, but I was really happy and grateful that I got to spend time with my dear friend.

I had some birthday coupons to spend since my birthday was on the 14th! Even though it can be kind of irritating when you continuously get a whole bunch of emails from stores that you give your address to, I think it's still worth it to get the birthday incentives :). Now onto the haul!


Lakeside, Autumn Bay, Black Pepper Bergamot, Sandalwood Citrus: I didn't get any coupons from B&BW, but I was initially interested in their 2 for $15 mason jar candles that I saw in my email. I asked one of the storepersons about it and he had no bloody idea what I was talking about, so I just shrugged it off thinking that I may have been mistaken. It turns out I was correct because as I was walking outside of the store, I saw a big sign advertising that sale. Anyways, I think I came out with the better deal hehe. When B&BW had their 2 for $22 3-wick candle sale a while ago, I had considered purchasing Lakeside, but I felt that I had a candle that was already similar to the scent. I decided to get it this time around because all their previous season 3-wick candles were 50% off. I really love the slight musk with a hint of citrus scent. It turns out that I really like candles that have either a musky or clean scent to it, which is why I picked out these three minis: Autumn Bay, Black Pepper Bergamot, and Sandalwood Citrus. These three minis are from the new batch of candles for Fall. If I'm able to burn through a good bunch of the candles that I already have, I will definitely get these in the bigger size!


Fresh & Clean Body Scrub: Victoria Secret sent me a $10 coupon to use on anything and I decided on this body scrub since I was interested in getting underwear. It was originally $18 but in the end I paid $8 plus tax. I actually didn't recognize the scent until I smelled it. The reason being is that the last time I got the lotion form, it was still in its old packaging and this was the first time I saw it like this. Instead of getting the lotion, I decided to try the scrub. It smells like how it is named so I really enjoy it!


Meet for Drinks, Metro Chic, Dance Til Fawn: Sephora was having a 3 for $10 sale on their O.P.I nail polishes. I was hoping to get an undercoat as well since I barely had any left, but they were out of any base or top coats. I had come in with a list of polishes that I was interested in getting, but they literally had only one of the colors that I wanted, which was Metro Chic. But I'm still happy with the two other colors that I got. I think these colors will transition nicely into fall and continue to be a nice fall staple. Meet for Drinks is a deep, shimmery maroon color that I'm absolutely in love with. I have a red shimmery polish that I got from VS during their annual sale, but I really prefer this shade due to the sultriness of the red. Metro Chic is a pretty taupey color with a purple undertone, which I'm totally in love with. Lastly is Dance Til Fawn which is much truer to a taupe shade. I love my taupes hehe!


Perfect Truth CC Creme Sample & Birthday Pack: I received a sample of Ole Henriksen's Perefect Truth CC Creme and I must say, for a Western BB cream, it's not bad! The coverage is still on the light side and it's not as great as my Korean BB creams, but it's still pretty good. I tried it and thought it did a good job of covering some of my acne blemishes albeit going over some of the spots again with my Korean BB cream. Would I purchase this? No, but it's quite good for those who prefer Western BB creams.

I love Benefit's they're Real mascara and I was really happy to have a mini version to carry around. Then I got the mini Watts up! highlighter. I think highlighters go really nicely with fairer-skinned girls, but with my skin tone, you can't really tell I applied it on lol. I'm still fair but I do have some coloring. Perhaps I'm not applying it on very well?


Green Tea Cleansing Tissues & Multi-Care Base+Top Coat: I was in the market for a new make-up cleansing wipe and my friend suggested epielle's Green Tea Cleansing Tissues. So far, I really like it and it gets off A LOT of make-up and it leaves my skin feeling nice and soft. I still go over it with my Clarisonic afterwards, but I'm hoping that with both products it'll improve my skin. Also, my friend pointed out this multi-care base and top coat from Revlon so I'm excited to try it.

Sorry for getting lazy with my posting hehe. I have so much material in draft form, but I'm slowly getting my motivation back, so hopefully I can get out my next posts every other day. So stay tuned for the next episode!

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment