Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

The Shopping Diaries: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, GUESS

Hey lovelies! My birthday is in 2 days ><. I dread aging one year older, but no matter what, I still wish to continue being my fashionable self! I would've posted this much earlier but I was waiting for this white jacket from Topshop that I thought would look super adorable with this coordinate, but it took forever for the system to confirm my order since I ordered it at the cash register. Then what ended up happening was that I saw the size that I wanted online and ordered it myself, which arrived like 5 days after. So Nordy's kind of fails me when I have them order things for me at the store. Anyways, the smallest size was still too big for me and I returned it yesterday :(. I was super bummed because I went through all the trouble trying to get it. *sigh* Everything can't go my way ay? So enough rambling and let me get into the haul!


Neon Floral Crop Top: This was already on the sale rack during Nordy's Anniversary sale. I think it was regularly $56 but it was on sale for $29.99. I wasn't sure if this would look good on me because I'm naturally suspicious since it's not my usual color palette and it was a size 4. When I tried it on, I was pleased with how it looked. It has a slightly airy look to it because it is one size up from my usual size 2, but I think it'll look great with one of my Brandy bralettes. Also, I ended up loving the print on me!


Black Shimmery Petal Shorts: I absolutely love the hem on these shorts because they cover the most unflattering part of the thigh so it gives the illusion of slim pins hehe! It is high-waisted as well, but it falls slightly under my belly button because it is a tad bit loose. I saw a size 0 online and went to order it, but they had to cancel my order because they were out :(. I'm still able to deal with the size 2 and the crop top above covers the waist so you don't see the slight bagginess! I'm not the biggest fan of shimmery threads, but it's so subtle in this that it makes it look really nice. The only thing that is going to drive me insane is how easy the threads will snag >< so I must be really careful when I wear this!


Jeffrey Campbell Faded Black Litas: I was literally ecstatic to see these JC Litas on display! I've been dying to get my hands on one because they're so bloody fabulous. The platform is 1 1/2 inches and the height of the heel in general is 4 1/2 inches, so it's comparable to a 3 inch heel. It's quite comfortable but maybe not for all day walking lol. Perhaps I should insert a comfortable pad for the balls of my feet? Anyways, I'm usually a size 6 when it comes to shoes, but I got a 6 1/2 for comfort. I think it depends on the material used which determines whether you go up or down a size. For the price ($159.95), I think it's a really good buy for the quality and the design.


High-Waisted Dark Wash Denim Shorts: In the picture below, you can see these cute high-waisted dip-dye American flag shorts, but as much as I love Topshop, their shorts are waaaaaaay too cheeky. So I was incredibly happy that I saw these at Guess. They were $29.99 and I think they were on extra sale or something like that. Anyways, my favorite denim has to come from Guess. These shorts cover the bum really nicely and the distressed details are also nicely done. Guess is #1 in my book when it comes to denim!


Here's a picture of me with both Topshop pieces on! And that white jacket in the back is the one that I ended up ordering and returning later on. I thought this would be a nice birthday dinner outfit this Wednesday! I have a more fitted cream-colored jacket from H&M that I think would suit this coordinate better, so I'm not terribly sad about not fitting the Topshop one.

Posts to look forward to will be, of course, more hauls and a long awaited Nature in Bloom post for my garden section :)

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment