Image Map

Monday, April 15, 2013

In light of the Boston Marathon bombings...

I heard about today's awful tragedy on the radio a while ago and it just baffles me as to why people do this to each other. While I'm sad and mourning for those who died and were injured, I'm just in awe at the situation. I just really don't get it at all.

It reminded me of a poem that I wrote back in 2009 for Japanese class and I feel like it relates in some way to how I feel. The poem is called 奇跡 or "miracle."

やさしく海に触れて 

夕日が沈む 

ゆっくり 

最後の光が眩しく輝く 

ダイヤモンドのように 

このきせきを見ながら 

心を動かされ 

少し泣いた 

罪がいっぱいの世界の中に 

こんな美しさがあるのは 

どういうことだろう 

gently touching the sea 
the setting sun slowly sinks 
the last light brightly shines 
like a diamond 
while watching this miracle 
my heart is moved 
and i cried a little 
how does such a thing exist i wonder 
in a world full of sin


-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment