Image Map

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Shopping Diaries: Brandy Melville Ala Moana

Hey all!

I can already feel myself getting lazy about upkeeping this blog, but I'll continue to do my best ^o^
Here is the next segment to my shopping extravaganza and as you can tell by the title, I'll be showing my Brandy Melville purchases!

I must say that I wasn't a fan of the store from the get-go. It took me a while to appreciate the store concept and the clothes. I remember the first time I visited, I felt like it wasn't really anything special. All I could see was the "plainess" and "basicness" of the clothes. Even after feeling that way, I always felt compelled to check out the store, which I figured meant something lol. So finally, I made a visit to the store and genuinely tried to really see what the store was about and I began to like it. Touching the fabrics, actually trying on the clothes, etc. helped to create my appreciation for the store. I began to look at the clothes and my mind started making coordinates with my current wardrobe. I saw that the simpleness made it chic instead of boring as I first thought and left a lot of room for creating many looks; whether it be 可愛い one day and カッコイイ the next time. Also, many trends that I'm currently obsessed about were available in cute patterns, such as a floral sleeveless tail top, or just in solid shades, such as an off-white tie shirt.

When I first looked up Brandy Melville on the internet, I expected it to be a brand out of California because of the beachy, casual theme that I've associated with the West Coast state, but to my surprise, this was an Italian brand! It does draw inspiration from the Cali look, but at the same time, it uses Italian textiles and styles to create this fusion of Italian casual chic. Now, enough of my blabbering about this brand and onto the purchases!

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

I was immediately drawn to this because of the softness of the shape and how the collar and sleeves reminded me of petals or lily pads. I'm not really into the small Peter Pan collars because I feel they are a bit too juvenile on me, but I think the other details that I mention before come out more strongly, which takes away focus from the collar.

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

I remember seeing this exact same style during a previous shopping trip over here, but I had already made my purchases and only noticed it when I was leaving the store. It was some sort of faded green tone color that attracted me immediately and I thought it might still be there the next time I went shopping, but they didn't have it and I was quite bummed out. So when I saw this, I decided to try this one as I am a fan of this shade of grey. I thought it looked pretty cool and because the arm holes are kind of big, I decided to just wear a black, lacy bandeau.

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

If I buy clothing, I usually like to leave with one accessory. I was drawn to this little teapot/teacup set. Perhaps not necessarily with these purchases above (although it would go nicely with the soft beige top!), I thought of my "tea time" t-shirt that I bought from Ank Rouge would go nicely with it!

Stay tuned for the next shopping spree segment!

Thank you for reading!

-LAUREN


No comments:

Post a Comment