Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

The Shopping Diaries: Brandy Melville

Hey all! I'm excited to share with you a Brandy Melville haul today. I purchased these when I was shopping around at Forever 21. Whenever I'm in Waikiki, I usually make a stop at Brandy just because it's such a hassle to go to Waikiki just for that store. So if there's still ample time left in the parking meter, I make a quick stop. This time around, I came out of the store with a few purchases that I couldn't resist. Here they are:


Brown Autumn Floral Crop Top: For $10, I could not NOT get it! I think it's the best crop top to transition into autumn. It has this almost velour look to it, but it's just plain, stretch t-shirt material. I actually really like the roses in this muted brown tone. I tend to have a hard time coordinating my outfits with this color, but as I said, for the price I can't go wrong.


Sunflower Skater Skirt: I finally got my hands on another skater skirt. I literally only had my plain black one from Topshop. This was $30 so the price is comparable to Topshop. I love the tiny sunflower pattern and what really sold me was how freaking soft the fabric of this skirt is. You literally want to wear it all day everyday, no joke! With the skater skirt style, it is bound to flatter any girl's figure.


Sunflower Skater Dress: Yes this is the same pattern from the previous item. I really only wanted to buy one, but I had such the hardest time trying to decided that I just thought f*** it, let's buy them both. The fabric is different; it's not that soft, plushy feeling as the skirt. It has a more lycra-esque feel to it. Because the dress is quite skater skirt-like, it fits like a glove, like it was meant for my body. To be honest, I rarely wear dresses and for me to want this is a rarity in itself. The fit was so amazing that I had to get it. This was also $30 and that's not bad for a dress that fits amazingly. So you can see why I was so torn about only getting the skirt or the dress, but I'm glad I got both!


Gold Heart Ring: Another rarity: a ring that fits decently on my finger. I love dainty rings like this and this actually fit not too badly on my pointer finger and my middle finger. It was only $4 too! I love to combine this with my other gold rings for extra oomph. I'm glad that gold jewelry is quite trendy because I think this complements my skin tone better than silver jewelry.

And that's it for this haul! I'm hoping that Brandy has a pretty good Black Friday sale. They usually have 30% off the entire store. I'd rather do the online sale for Cyber Monday, but we'll see!

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

4 comments:

  1. what shoes would you wear w/ the skater dress, i have the same one and was wondering :) thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I usually wear it with some rustic brown ankle boots to go for that boho girly look :)

      Delete
  2. Combat boots, black booties, or wicker wedges! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Brandy Melville Skirts are ideal for both formal and casual occasions. These skirts are versatile and are also available in beautiful colors and designs.

    ReplyDelete