Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

The Shopping Diaries: Charlotte Russe

Hey all! Welcome to my first haul of the month of September. I'm not sure if I'll be having a collective monthly haul this month just because so far I've been buying enough things to make separate posts for each store/brand. This post comes from Charlotte Russe. My step-mom had bought me a dress when she was in Vegas and although I thought the dress was pretty and fit very well, I didn't feel like I'd actually wear it much just because I'm not much of a dress person. So I returned it at my local Charlotte Russe and in exchange, I got these pieces:


Indigo Caged Back Sheer Top: In the past, I've kind of shied away from this color, but I felt like trying it on because I love this kind of detailing and it was on sale for $12.99. The picture shows a more royal blue, but it is darker in real life. The top has a tinge of billowy-ness, but not as much because it was an XS. The size is good, but I think I would've preferred to go up a size just to have a bit more airiness. Nonetheless, I think this is a good top to have in my wardrobe just because I don't have this color yet.


Fringed Crop Top: This was also on sale for $12.99 and at first, I thought it could go either way of loving it or hating it, but I definitely wanted to try it out. I found that it looked really cute on, especially with what I was wearing that day. I had on a pair of low-waisted light-wash destroyed denim and I had a nude bra underneath  that was really close to my skin tone. So when I put it on, the length of the fringe touches the waist of my jeans and you really couldn't see my bra. I would like to wear it like that, but it is showing a lot of skin and I wonder if it's acceptable enough to wear in public... In all honesty, I don't think it looks slutty, but I wonder if it's too much. Obviously I can fix that with some high-waisted shorts and wear something underneath, but I really liked the original coordinate hehe.


Gold Chain/Triangle Double Necklace: I absolutely love this necklace. I think gold chains can really make an outfit look really chic and cool without making it look JB douchey lol. It was only $6 and I've worn this necklace a lot with my collared shirts. The different length adds a really cool dimension to simple outfits.

I hope you all enjoyed my little CR haul! I'm really happy with my finds and I hope to style them soon in my OOTD!

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment