Image Map

Friday, September 20, 2013

The Shopping Diaries: sheinside.com + Review and Rant

Hey all! Sorry for getting this post up late. It had to do with a little bit of laziness and being engrossed in reading A Clash of Kings and Divergent. So today's post will be about this cute bunny sweater that I had actually ordered last month and I was waiting to upload this post later because of another order that I put in afterwards. I received my other order a couple days ago and I was extremely disappointed. Sheinside.com had advertised a Wildfox No 9 Potion sequined sweater for $31.15 and there was a visual picture of Taylor Swift wearing the actual Wildfox sweater. Although they didn't show her face, it was pretty obvious it was Taylor Swift.

Screenshot of advertisement

Yup, it's Taylor Swift

Anyways, I thought it was cool that Sheinside was selling the sweater, so I took advantage of the Labor Day sale and paid $26. I waited for about 20 days and the sweater arrived. I took it out of the postal packaging bag and already I knew it wasn't the same sweater that they had advertised. Then I took it out of the actual bag and saw that it was just an imitation of the actual Wildfox sweater. The fabric is pretty good quality and the sequins are nice, albeit it being crooked on the sweater, but the bottom line is that it wasn't what I thought I'd be receiving. Also, there were some weird light spots near the sleeves...

Full shot of the sweater from Sheinside

Closeup of bottle. Slightly crooked and definitely not by Wildfox

I wasn't mad that it was an imitation. I was mad at the false advertising. I thought I was getting an actual Wildfox sweater. Now, if they said somewhere in the title description that it was "Wildfox-inspired" or just "Love Potion No 9 Sweater" AND used a picture of the sweater that they were actually selling, then at least I would know, as the customer, what exactly I would be purchasing. But because they used a picture of Taylor Swift and said in the title description "White Long Sleeve Wildfox No 9 Perfume Sequined Sweater," I was basically deceived and mislead. I'm in the process of waiting for an email with the return address so that I can send back this sweater and get my money back. I'm so disappointed and mad to the point where I'm not sure if I ever want to purchase anything from this site again. Yes, this site is great for a wide-variety of styles and looks, but because of this one incident, I'm not sure if I'm willing to continue supporting this site.

Now with that over, let me talk about the purchase that I got before my letdown.

I've always wanted a Fifi Lapin printed top. She's such a fashionable bunny! Perhaps five or so years back, Forever 21 had done a collaboration collection. Back then, I was only really getting into the swing of fashion and what my style was. Unfortunately, I missed it and since then, I've been looking for something like this. It's a cute lightweight cardigan and I love the different outfits she's wearing. This was under $20, so this was basically a steal for me.


Shipping and handling went smoothly as well. It came in perfect condition and I didn't have to wait as long compared to the Love Potion sweater.

Well, this is the end of this post. I really hate to be kind of mean sounding about the sweater, but the thing is that I'm not satisfied with what I thought was being offered. I'm not sure if this was some sort of ploy to sell these sweaters fast but Sheinside should take this as a lesson and do the right thing next time. They may have just lost a customer for good.

Thanks for reading!
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment