Image Map

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

TSD Vegas Edition: ZARA

Hello lovelies! Welcome back to the second Vegas edition of TSD and this time I'll be featuring my Zara purchases. This was the second store that I went to at the Fashion Show Mall. The first time I ever visited a Zara was when I was in Fukuoka, Japan, but since I was with friends I didn't really have a chance to thoroughly browse as I do take a long time perusing through the racks hehe. 

Most of you probably know this but Zara is a Spanish based retailer. What I think that's so cool about Zara are their marketing strategies. As a marketing major, I find it so interesting that Zara is able to develop and put out into stores a new product in just two weeks compared to the six month industry average. Also, Zara doesn't advertise. Instead of putting money into advertisement, they create more stores, which amazingly has been profitable in their favor. This is another store that I think would do well in Hawaii. It would be amazing if they would open a location at either Ala Moana or Waikiki. There might be hope since Sears, one of the retail anchors at Ala Moana, is closing and they're going to develop that section into more potential retail space. Gosh! I need to stop rambling and get to the good stuff! Here we go: 


Gray Sweater with Brown Elbow Pads: This is the first thing that I picked up when I entered the store. The style reminded me of the Brandy Melville sweater that I wanted, but it was $56 and I wasn't sure if I was ready to pay that price. This happened to be only $25.90! They only had a size M, which made me worry since I wasn't sure if it was going to fit properly. Luckily, it fit nicely! The fabric is very thing so it has a nice flow in the fabric since it's the slightest bit baggy. Also, it covers my bum, which means I can get away with wearing leggings. My favorite detail, of course, are the brown elbow pads. There's something sophisticated about elbow pads. It reminds me of equestrian wear :)


Fashion Sketch T-Shirt: The print is what caught my eye at first. I love interesting prints like this. The shape of tee is quite boxy, but still flattering to my figure. Also, the sleeves are permanently cuffed, which I like. This top is quite chic for being just a t-shirt. I wore this on Cinco de Mayo with a pair of faux leather leggings from Cotton-On.


Gray Acid Wash Jeggings: I'm so glad that these fit me because during my last trip to Zara, I didn't find any pants that fit me. Because this is a jegging and the material is stretchy, it tends to be more fitted than the normal jean. Their smallest size for most pants is size US 2. Normally the waist would be too big, but this was a much better fit. There was still slight room in the waist, but not where it was obviously too big. Also, at a great price of $25.90, I couldn't pass it up!


Rose (left) and Black Peony (right) Fragrance: When I went up to the register, I saw that they had these two perfumes. I'm not a fan of in-store brand perfumes just because they tend to be too powerful or just generic smelling (no offence!). I'm always curious so when I smelled both of these,  I was really surprised! Rose has a musky scent to it that I would find in high quality perfumes at Neiman Marcus and Black Peony has this wonderful classy floral scent that I wouldn't find for $14.90. Because of the price, I bought both. The only junk thing about these scents is that they don't last for long. They are both Eau de Toilette, which means it doesn't have a lot of alcohol in it. But seriously, for $14.90 I think we can overlook that ;)

And that's the end of my Zara haul! I hope you enjoyed reading and stay tune for the next post ^-^
-LAUREN

No comments:

Post a Comment